GET INSTANT, SECURE ACCESS
With GNOHIE solutions, providers get instant, secure access to patient health information so they can quickly and safely deliver quality care, coordinate transitions, and control costs. The GNOHIE web-based portal allows providers to query information from Admit Discharge Transfer (ADT) and comprehensive Continuity of Care Document (CCD) messages. Data elements in these messages include:
- Summaries—Problem lists, medications, allergies, immunizations and recent test results
- Contextual information—Progress notes, discharge summaries and operational reports
IDENTIFYING THE PATIENT
GNOHIE developers use the technical infrastructure to enable secure communication with a growing number of industry leading EHR systems, including: Allscripts, Aprima, Cerner, eClinicalWorks, Epic, and SuccessEHS.
At the heart of our solutions, the Master Patient Index (MPI) uses personal identifiers to match ADT or CCD messages to new or existing patient records within the GNOHIE’s clinical data repository. Our record locating user interface uses single sign-on functionality to quickly and accurately access appropriate data.
ENSURING SECURE EXCHANGE
We take multiple measures to protect the privacy and security of patient health information:
- All personal health information transmitted across the HIE is encrypted.
- Role-based access technology ensures that only authorized clinicians can view a patient’s information.
- We log all access to patient health information.
Our patient consent policy ensures that patients are able to opt out of GNOHIE participation.