COLLABORATE WITH COLLEAGUES
Direct Messaging offers secure exchange of protected health information between community providers, specialists, care managers, and hospital providers in a HIPAA compliant manner.
- The user-friendly application may be accessed with many popular email clients.
- The embedded provider directory makes it easy to find and communicate with authorized healthcare providers.
DEMONSTRATE MEANINGFUL USE
Hospitals can use Direct Messaging and other GNOHIE functionality to make dramatic strides towards fulfilling the Meaningful Use requirements of the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program:
- Provide a summary care record for each transition of care or referral
(Eligible Hospital Core Set, Stage 2, Measure 12)
- Provide structured electronic lab results to ambulatory providers
(Eligible Hospital Menu Set, Stage 2, Measure 6)
- Perform medication reconciliation for referrals from community providers
(Eligible Hospital Core Set, Stage 2, Measure 11)
- Generate lists of unduplicated patients by specific conditions to use for quality improvement in cases where hospital systems are not using the same EMR system at all facilities
(Eligible Hospital Core Set, Stage 2, Measure 9)